Powerful Features at Your Fingertips
- Remote System Management & Control Solutions
SoftPLC Corporation's TagWell
solution provides a powerful and configurable platform for
comprehensive and scalable remote control system management. TagWell
utilizes Internet cloud technologies and low-cost M2M cellular
communications. Combined with our field-proven industrial controller
and communications gateway product line, the TagWell solution makes
it easy to remotely monitor, control, acquire data, and troubleshoot
remote systems, machines, and other devices via a combination of the
Internet and a cellular network. The TagWell user interface is
customer specific web pages that can be viewed on any browser -
this includes a PC, a tablet, or even a smart phone!
The components of a TagWell system can
TagWell - Secure Internet based
("cloud") data center that gathers data from SoftPLC RTU's and Gateways
("remotes"), enables real-time browser-based remote monitoring and
control of industrial systems, and customer designed add-ons.
SoftPLC Gateways - World class,
modern industrial communication interfaces that enable remote
communication between other vendor's controllers or equipment and
TagWell, as well as from TagWell to SCADA systems. Gateways also
provide immediate alert notification via email or SMS text message, and
can do data acquisition and logging functions. All SoftPLC Gateways are
equipped with cell modems, ethernet, serial ports and have options to
interface to additional communication networks. Other Internet connections are also supported where cellular or LAN are not available, such as phone lines via dial-up accounts, satellite connections, etc.
SoftPLC RTU's - Industrial
controllers that provide I/O monitoring and extensive control, in
addition to all the powerful functions of a SoftPLC Gateway.
Remote System Monitoring
- Monitor remote system status, maintenance item status (eg: oil levels)
- Improve remote system security with alarms and priority alerts
Remote System Operation/Maintenance
- Control remote systems - change parameters, verify operation, etc.
- Protect remote assets from theft, spillage, missed maintenance
- Improve machine/device efficiencies via more frequent monitoring/access to control parameters
Optimize service resources
- Minimize equipment downtime
- Automatically notify service personnel of problems or needed maintenance
- Reduce service costs by optimizing use of personnel and equipment
- Minimize on-site service requirements, both scheduled and emergency
- Save money by reducing travel costs and time.
Remote System Management
- Store/analyze process data from multiple remote systems
- Link and integrate field data to SCADA, logistics or other business systems
- Improve inventory management and reduce logistics costs
- Simplify multiple device management and control
- Easily extend coverage to mobile assets and remote sites
- Rapid installation by eliminating fixed line cabling
- No IT expertise or interaction required - The TagWell solution removes you from complexities
associated with firewalls, VPNs and SIM card management.
- No limit to the number of remotes
- No limit to the number of users
- Server architecture can dynamically grow with demand
Secure and Reliable!
- Firewall and password protection
- Cloud computing environment for 24-7-365 service & access
- Secure data channels
- >Dedicated data center
Configurable Dashboard Interfaces!
- Web browser interface to remotes through TagWell
- Design new pages from standard templates OR
- SoftPLC can develop custom pages for your application OR
- A SoftPLC Gateway can provide data to your SCADA/HMI system
- Use a web browser to change remote configuration parameters such as reporting frequency, alarm thresholds,
machine run-time schedules, etc.
- Communicate from field installations to the TagWell master as a stand-alone RTU (Remote Terminal Unit) or as
a gateway to an existing machine/process
- Include built-in protocols such as Modbus, ModbusTCP, and others to interface directly with common devices
(eg: RTU/PLC, flow meters, drives, etc.)
- RS-485 serial interface allows connection to devices over long distances - allows for flexible
deployment in a wide range of operating conditions, hazardous areas, etc.
- Logic functions for I/O control, data manipulation (eg: averaging, scaling, etc.) and more
- Alarm notification via email and/or SMS text messages
- Data Logging
- Optional embedded web server for local access browser-based operator interface
- Optional embedded firewall for layered remote access security and to provide security for local access
Real-Time Optimized Communications!
- Remotes can immediately report changes to watched points to TagWell
- Report digital status changes and/or analog changes over user-defined alarm bands
- Reporting by exception, minimizes bandwidth requirements
OEM Machine Builders
- Reduce costly site visits
- Provide direct support to your customers
- Maintain regular contact with your equipment
- Demonstrate value to your customers
- Store/analyze process data
- Monitor equipment status
- Notify service personnel of problems/maintenance needs
- Streamline inventory/logistics processes
- Schedule HVAC, open/close times, etc
- Reduce energy consumption
- Detect water leaks, security issues, maintenance issues (eg: light bulb outages)
- Notify service personnel of problems/maintenance needs
- Monitor health/readiness
- Access status - fuel level, oil pressure, battery voltage, etc.
- Verify operation remotely
- Minimize site visits
Pump/Lift Stations, Windmills, Oil/Gas
- Instant access to system status & performance data
- Minimize on-site service
- Notify service personnel electronically of problems/maintenance needs
- Monitor inventory status
- Schedule stock refills or pump outs
- Notify service personnel or problems/maintenance needs