Resources : White Papers
- Clipboards are out! Protocol Gateways help make IoT efficient, accurate and low cost.
June 2015 Reviews different gateway solutions to tie multi-vendor equipment into cloud-based data acquisition and analytics applications.
- TagWell - A Platform for Easy & Inexpensive Remote Systems Management.
Aug 2014 Uses application examples to illustrate how the TagWell cloud platform differs from other vendor's M2M/IoT products to provide flexible, lower cost, more easily implemented solutions for remote data acquistion and control.
- Ethernet I/O - Technical Considerations
Discusses topologies, protocols, security, and other factors in selecting Ethernet I/O implementations.
- Environmental Data Acquisition (EDA) Applications Using SDI-12 Protocol
Description of SDI-12 protocol & its advantages for EDA, particularly for remote monitoring. Example applications, and how to use SoftPLC and TagWell for EDA.
- The PLC; New Technology, Greater Data Sharing
Gives the numerous benefits to using an open architecture controller like SoftPLC.
- e-Automation: Endless Possibilities
Describes how Enterprise Control Systems, which allow data sharing between all levels of the organization, and even to customers or suppliers outside the organization can benefit from "e-Automation"
- PC Control - It's not just about Saving $$$
Describes the benefits of using PC-based control.
- Make your own PLC - Reliably
Describes how you can build your own programmable controller, reliably. We look at selection criteria for each component
separately and address reliability, price, and vendor service.
- Guidelines to Selecting I/O Products
Describes how SoftPLC communicates to I/O and has information to help you choose which I/O type is right for you.