Resources : Software Products
The tabs below include links to demonstration/evaluation software, manuals for products & add-ons (eg: TLM's), and application notes. Some links may require that you register on our site prior to downloading.
Links to licensed products that require purchase or a valid support contract may be password protected. In these instances, if you have not already obtained the necessary password, please contact us.
SoftPLC Communication & I/O Drivers
These loadable modules and related instructions are included in each SoftPLC and Gateway product, and are updated via the package management system.
- SoftPLC Ethernet/IP™ TLM Describes the installation, usage, and functionality of the Ethernet/IP driver for SoftPLC, enabling it to be a both a master/scanner and slave/adapter on one Ethernet/IP network.
- SoftPLC ModbusTCP/UDP Master Driver TLM Describes the installation, usage, and functionality of the SoftPLC version 4 TLM for the master (or client) side of the Modbus TCP/UDP protocol.
- SoftPLC Modbus Serial RTU Master TLM Describes the installation, usage, and functionality of the driver for SoftPLC version 4 for the Modbus Master RTU protocol, used to communicate with I/O and other devices on RS-485, -232 or -422.
- SoftPLC ModbusTCP/UDP Slave Driver TLM Describes the installation, usage, and functionality of the SoftPLC version 4 for the slave (or server) side of the Modbus TCP protocol, used to communicate to HMI/SCADA or controller peer-to-peer over Ethernet.
- SoftPLC Modbus Serial Slave TLM Describes the installation, usage, and functionality of the driver for SoftPLC version 4 for the Modbus slave protocol, used to communicate between intelligent devices on RS-232, -485, or -422.
- SoftPLC A-B Remote I/O Scanner (Master) Driver TLM Describes the installation, usage, and functionality of the Allen-Bradley Remote I/O (RIO) Scanner driver for SoftPLC's internal interface.
- SoftPLC A-B Remote I/O Adapter (Slave) Driver TLM Describes the installation, usage, and functionality of the Allen-Bradley Remote I/O Slave TLM, which enables a SoftPLC to emulate remote racks on an Allen-Bradly Remote I/O network via its internal interface.
SoftPLC TLM's/TLI's TOP
These loadable modules and instructions are included in each SoftPLC and Gateway product, and are updated via the package management system.
- COMGENIUS Instructions which enable SoftPLC to perform general purpose ASCII communications to/from serial devices. This TLM includes implementation of a simple Modbus Master protocol.
- Logger Describes the installation, usage, and functionality of the add-on instruction for SoftPLC version 4 which provides the capability to log a group of data values to comma-separated values (CSV) text files, plus information on how to copy the file to an alternative location, such as a USB memory stick or network drive.
- LogData Instruction which enables SoftPLC to log data to a binary file. Includes utility to convert binary log file to ASCII for use with spreadsheets or database programs. Useful for high-speed, high volume data logging.
- Send Mail An add-on firmware option for SoftPLC version 4.x and later (Cat No SPZ-MSG) which provides the capability to send SMTP emails or text messages.
- SoftPLC Web HMI User manual for creating animated pages for the embedded SoftPLC Web Server and for Tagwell pages.
- Tagwell Manual User manual for the Tagwell TLM and cloud platform.
- DTDISK TLI's which allow the saving (write to disk) and loading (read from disk) of a block of data table words to a text file or a compressed binary file.
- SLC SLC-500 instructions for SoftPLC beyond the standard PLC-5 equivalent instruction set (includes ABS, ABSI, DCO, DDV, ENC, SCP, SCL, SQCW, SQCF, SWP, and NoOp stubs for instructions that have no exact equivalent, for conversion purposes).
- SoftPLC Misc Collection of instructions- Convert 16 bit words to float and vice versa (primarily for use with the Tealware HSC10 High Speed Counter Module). Timers that provide accuracy to 1 millisecond (0.001 time base). Absolute Value, Minimum, Maximum, and Modulus instructions.
- Hot Backup User Guide User manual for the Hot Backup system, includes hardware configuration/wiring, HOTBACK.TLM configuration and programming examples.
SoftPLC Manuals & Application Notes TOP
- Smart/NeoPAC SoftPLC & TOPDOC NexGen User Guide (version 5) User Guide includes Smart and NeoPAC SoftPLC hardware, and use of TOPDOC NexGen for configuration for firmware version 5 SoftPLC's. It also describes how SoftPLC operates, common troubleshooting techniques, etc.
- SoftPLC TOPDOC/Reference Guide User Guide includes SoftPLC & TOPDOC NexGen installation & configuration, communications driver setup, and describes how SoftPLC operates.
- Panelview Ethernet to SoftPLC Application note describes how to configure Panelview Plus to SoftPLC Ethernet communications.
- Watchdog Application note describes how to easily implement a watchdog timer in a SoftPLC installation.
- Powerout Example of system wiring/logic for safe shut-down of SoftPLC systems.
- Using MSG Instruction An informational text file along with sample ladder program that shows how to use the MSG instruction on SoftPLC.
- TOPDOC NexGen Information/Tutorial Videos
- TOPDOC NexGen ver 5
- TOPDOC NexGen ver 3 and 4
- TOPDOC for SoftPLC ver 1 and 2
- TOPDOC for Allen-Bradley PLC's
- TOPDOC NexGen Data Sheet TOPDOC NexGen features/functions.
- Intro to TOPDOC NexGen Ladder Editor Overview of how to use TOPDOC NexGen's ladder and data table editor functions.
- Intro to SoftPLC Configuration Overview of how to use TOPDOC NexGen's PLC Configuration and online functions such as upload/download and Detect On Net.
TOPDOC NexGen (version 5)
- TOPDOC NexGen (v5) Download latest TOPDOC NexGen release version 5.1.230906 for use with all SoftPLC's with firmware versions 4.6 and later. This ZIP file is password protected, email technical support for access. (Note that Windows unzip no longer supports passwords and you will need a 3rd party utility, ie: 7zip.)
- TOPDOC NexGen Installation Guide (v5) It is strongly recommended that you download and use this guide when installing TOPDOC NexGen ver 5.
Without a USB hardware dongle, the download is a demo version that allows offline editing without save capability. Ladder programming and detailed product use information are in the product help system.
TOPDOC NexGen (version 1.6)
- TOPDOC NexGen (v1.6) Download TOPDOC NexGen version 1.6, for use with version 4 SoftPLC's and earlier. This ZIP file is password protected, email technical support for access. Without a USB hardware dongle, the download is a demo version that allows offline editing without save capability. Ladder programming and detailed product use infromation are in the product help system. (Note that Windows unzip no longer supports passwords and you will need a 3rd party utility, ie: 7zip.)
- TOPDOC NexGen Installation Guide (v1.6) It is strongly recommended that you download and read this guide prior to installing TOPDOC NexGen.
- Sun JRE (for use with TOPDOC NexGen) Java runtime environment. Only required if your system does not already have a 32 bit JRE installed.
TOPDOC for SoftPLC (versions 1 and 2) TOP
- TOPDOC A-B Data Sheet Features of TOPDOC for SoftPLC (versions 2.5 and earlier).
- TDZ Install TOPDOC for SoftPLC download. Requires parallel port dongle or authorized keycode from SoftPLC. For use with SoftPLC's version 2.5 or earlier.
TOPDOC for A-BTOP
- TOPDOC A-B Data Sheet Features of TOPDOC for A-B PLC-2, PLC-3, and PLC-5.
- TOPDOC PLC-3 Install TOPDOC PLC-3 download. Requires parallel port dongle or authorized keycode from SoftPLC.
- TOPDOC PLC-5 Install TOPDOC PLC-5 download. Requires parallel port dongle or authorized keycode from SoftPLC.
- TOPDOC PLC-2 Demo Demo version of TOPDOC PLC-2, allows offline development and documentation of up to 16 rungs of logic.
Existing licensed customers should contact technical support before installing a new version of Web Studio to review their support contract status, re-licensing procedures and requirements.
The Web Studio User Manual is the online help, which also includes a tutorial.
- SoftPLC Web Studio Data Sheet SoftPLC Web Studio and Gateway product features and hardware specifications.
- Latest Version SoftPLC Web Studio Software/Demo (version 20.0) Download latest SoftPLC Web Studio release. Without license code or hardkey, this install is a complete working demo/evaluation limited to 40 hours. Includes demo app, user manual & short tutorial.
- Current Driver/Protocol List List of included drivers and supported hardware in Web Studio.