Resources : User Manuals & Application Notes
Detailed usage instructions for TOPDOC NexGen and SoftPLC Web Studio are embedded in the respective products context-sensitive help system. The documents below are overview and installation information, hardware information, or supplementary to the help system.
SoftPLC PAC CPU's, Gateways & Remote Hardware Manuals
- Smart Quick Start Guide Quick start communication configuration and troubleshooting guide for Smart family products.
- Smart Netbox Setup Manual Configuration and options for setting up Smart Netbox communication ports, firewall settings, modem, etc.
SoftPLC Control Software & TOPDOC Programming Software
- Watchdog Application note describes how to easily implement a watchdog timer in a SoftPLC installation.
- Powerout Example of system wiring/logic for safe shut-down of SoftPLC systems.
- Using MSG Instruction An informational text file along with sample ladder program that shows how to use the MSG instruction on SoftPLC.
- TOPDOC NexGen Installation Guide Updated information on installing TOPDOC NexGen for Win7/Win8.
- SoftPLC TOPDOC/Reference Guide User Guide includes SoftPLC & TOPDOC NexGen installation & configuration, communications driver setup, and describes how SoftPLC operates.
- SoftPLC Web HMI User manual for creating animated pages for the embedded SoftPLC Web Server and for Tagwell pages.
- Hot Backup User Guide User manual for the Hot Backup system, includes hardware configuration/wiring, HOTBACK.TLM configuration and programming examples.
- COMGENIUS Instructions which enable SoftPLC to perform general purpose ASCII communications to/from serial devices. This TLM includes Modbus Master text. This TLM is included with every SoftPLC.General Motors reduced a PLC-5 program by over 400 rungs with the use of COMGENIE in place of PLC-5 String instructions!
- Logger Instructions which enable SoftPLC to log data to CSV files. Includes instruction to copy a file to an alternative location, such as a USB memory stick or network drive.
- Send Mail An add-on firmware option for SoftPLC version 4.x and later (Cat No SPZ-MSG) which provides the capability to send SMTP emails or text messages.
- SMS User manual for the SMS TLM which allows SoftPLC to send/recieve SMS text messages.
- SoftPLC ModbusTCP/UDP Slave Driver TLM Describes the installation, usage, and functionality of the SoftPLC version 4 for the slave (or server) side of the Modbus TCP protocol, used to communicate to HMI/SCADA or controller peer-to-peer over Ethernet.
- SoftPLC Modbus Serial Slave TLM Describes the installation, usage, and functionality of the driver for SoftPLC version 4 for the Modbus slave protocol, used to communicate between intelligent devices on RS-232, -485, or -422.
- Tealware IO Users Manual Tealware I/O Hardware manual, includes installation, module specifications, and analog module programming.
- A-Series Dimensions and Mounting Mounting dimensions and options for A-Series I/O and communication modules.
I/O Driver Manuals
- Smart SoftPLC Tealware local I/O Driver TLM Explains how to configure the I/O driver for local Tealware I/O when used with a Smart SoftPLC CPU.
- SoftPLC ModbusTCP/UDP Master Driver TLM Describes the installation, usage, and functionality of the SoftPLC version 4 TLM for the master (or client) side of the Modbus TCP/UDP protocol.
- SoftPLC Modbus Serial RTU Master TLM Describes the installation, usage, and functionality of the driver for SoftPLC version 4 for the Modbus Master RTU protocol, used to communicate with I/O and other devices on RS-485, -232 or -422.
- Smart SoftPLC A-B Remote I/O Scanner Driver TLM Describes the installation, usage, and functionality of the Allen-Bradley Remote I/O (RIO) Scanner driver for Smart SoftPLC's internal SM-ABRIOM interface.
- Smart SoftPLC A-B Remote I/O Adapter Driver TLM Describes the installation, usage, and functionality of the Allen-Bradley Remote I/O Slave TLM, which enables a Smart SoftPLC to emulate remote racks on an Allen-Bradly Remote I/O network via its internal SM-ABRIOA interface.
- SoftPLC A-B Remote I/O Driver TLM for use with the 1784-KTx Describes the installation, usage, and functionality of the driver for SoftPLC that is used with the Allen-Bradley 1784-KTX, -KTXD, -KTS, -PKTX, -PKTXD, and -PKTS cards for Remote I/O connectivity.
- Profibus Our powerful Hilscher driver lets SoftPLC be both master and/or slave on the network! Communicate to any compatible products from up to 8 Hilscher interface cards for ISA, PCI or PC/104 buses. The network configuration software comes with the interface card.
- SDI-12 User Manual User manual for the SoftPLC SDI-12 sensor bus driver.
The Web Studio User Manual is the online help. You can find the product download at Support.
- Current Driver/Protocol List List of included drivers and supported hardware in Web Studio.