Electrical Protocol Drivers for SoftPLC Web Studio: SSR-ELDVR
Electrical Protocol Drivers Package for SoftPLC Web Studio
This communication package add-on enables drivers for the DNP3 (Distributed Network Protocol Version 3) or IEC (IEC 60870-5-104) protocols often used in electric power systems. The DNP3 driver connects using serial and IP connections, while the IEC driver connects over Ethernet only.
Features of DNP3 and IEC 60870-5-104 Protocols
- Protocol design provides a reduction in communication channel bandwidth use, and communication that is reliable and resistant to electric interference
- Time stamping to maintain traceability within the process - tracks exactly when an event occurred (versus when the SCADA system noticed it)
- Supports polling only the changes in data, vs having to read all information each time
- Unsolicited reporting: data that changes during the process is automatically reported to Web Studio with a timestamp
- Supports classes of data (eg: so prioritized data may be read more often)
- Reliability Checks on data received, even on serial connections
- Interoperability between multi-vendor equipment - SoftPLC Web Studio can be also used as a Gateway on these networks to share data with PLCs or other controllers that do not support these protocols
If you are adding this package to an existing SoftPLC Web Studio license, specify the registration number to receive an updated license key.