Smart SoftPLC CPU w/ PCI-104 Support: SM2S-P
Smart SoftPLC w/ PCI-104 Interface Overview
Smart SoftPLC's are versatile Programmable Automation Controllers (PACs). All features of the SoftPLC Runtime Control Software are included. Users have virtually unlimited capacity for program logic and data table, data logging, recipes, etc. Plenty of communication ports with configurable drivers and I/O interface options make Smart SoftPLC's perfect for a wide range of control applications, and can also be used as powerful protocol converters (gateways) or data concentrators.
- (4) port managed Ethernet switch/router, user-configurable protocols
- (6) serial ports, user-configurable protocols
- Options for added internal hardware interfaces for protocols such as A-B DH+, A-B RIO, CAN/J1939 and more
- Supports up to 16 simultaneously active user-selectable Ethernet/serial/proprietary protocols to hundreds of I/O products, devices and networks
- 63MB RAM user memory for virtually unlimited logic and up to 100M words data registers
- 128MB compact flash (expandable to 8GB) for applications, web pages and data logging
- Extensive ladder logic capability for control, computations/data manipulation, and more
- Alarm notification via email or text message, reports/logs can be sent via email attachments
- Embedded web server option with read/write data ability
- Embedded virtual HMI option for operator interface via any web browser, remote SQL database interface, and more (Web Studio runtime)
- Note: Smart SoftPLC uses TOPDOC NexGen software for programming, configuration and troubleshooting. A free TOPDOC NexGen license is included with your first Smart SoftPLC purchase!
- This model supports the addition of up to (3) add-on PCI-104 interface cards, which we recommend be factory installed. When ordering, specify the number of add-in PCI-104 cards you will be using to ensure the proper cover size is provided. Separately order the desired, compatible interface cards.
- All Smart SoftPLCs include all supported serial and ethernet protocols as standard, configurable in any mix. If you desire support for Allen-Bradley Data Highway Plus (DH+), Remote I/O (RIO) and/or CAN, these must be factory installed - specify them above for COM5 and/or COM6 options.
- COM6 options (except the phone modem) require purchase of the SM-COM6CBLTB to provide a terminal block interface for field wiring.
- Select any desired remote access and/or virtual HMI features. If the remote access connection will be other than wired Ethernet, an external modem/interface is required. See Modems/Wireless for options, or contact SoftPLC to discuss TagWell cloud-based solutions and approved third-party interfaces.
- The Size only applies if you are using ModbusTCP Master, A-B RIO or DH+ protocols. Select the Lite (LT) version if you are not using these protocols.
The Gateway Size determines the maximum number of ModbusTCP server connections, force-able discrete I/O, and Allen-Bradley logical I/O racks supported (I and O addresses). The table below summarizes the available sizes:
|Cat No Suffix||ModbusTCP Server Connections||Input (I) Addresses||Output (O) Addresses|
|LT||2||128 - 1 logical rack||128 - 1 logical rack|
|1K||16||1024 - 8 logical racks||1024 - 8 logical racks|
|2K||32||2048 - 16 logical racks||2048 - 16 logical racks|
|8K||127||8192 - 64 logical racks||8192 - 64 logical racks|