Smart Gateway/Data Manager Hub: SM2G
Smart Gateway Overview
A complete solution for industrial data communication and management! Smart Gateways are the most powerful and flexible communication protocol converters, bridges, and data concentrators available.
- Protocol Bridge - Read/Write data between up to 16 simultaneous networks. Virtually unlimited data capacity.
- Data Logging - Store time-stamped information in choice of file formats. Store data locally, on a network drive or in the cloud.
- Alarm Notification - Send email or text messages. Highly customizable alarm triggers and list of recipients.
- Reporting - Generate text or CSV reports. Send reports or data logs as email attachments, or store on any accessible drive.
- Remote Access/Control - Embedded web server provides ability to view and change data values/states via web pages.
- Virtual HMI - Embedded Web Studio runtime provides HMI functions, including sophisticated alarm managment, real-time trending, remote SQL database interface and more.
Smart Gateways are ideal for moving data between equipment controlled by different vendors, providing a path for staged migration from older technology based on proprietary networks to new and ethernet-based systems, or combining data from multiple networks to a single ethernet/cellular channel for data analysis or other high-level systems, plus many other applications.
- (4) port managed Ethernet switch/router, user-configurable protocols
- (6) serial ports, user-configurable protocols
- Options for added internal hardware interfaces for protocols such as A-B DH+, A-B RIO, CAN/J1939 and more
- Supports up to 16 simultaneously active user-selectable Ethernet/serial/proprietary protocols to hundreds of I/O products, devices and networks
- 63MB RAM user memory, up to 100M words data registers for mapping, plus logic
- 128MB compact flash (expandable to 8GB) for applications, web pages and data logging
- Extensive logic capability for data concentration, scaling, mapping between networks, and more
- Alarm notification via email or text message, reports/logs can be sent via email attachments
- Embedded web server option with read/write data ability
- Embedded virtual HMI option for operator interface via any web browser, remote SQL database interface, and more (Web Studio runtime)
- Note: Smart Gateway uses TOPDOC NexGen software for configuration. A free TOPDOC NexGen license is included with your first Smart Gateway purchase!
- All Smart Gateways include all supported serial and ethernet protocols as standard, configurable in any mix. If you desire support for Allen-Bradley Data Highway Plus (DH+), Remote I/O (RIO) and/or CAN, these must be factory installed - specify them above for COM5 and/or COM6 options.
- COM6 options (except the phone modem) require purchase of the SM-COM6CBLTB to provide a terminal block interface for field wiring.
- For Gateways with fieldbus options other than those available above (eg: Profibus, DeviceNet, etc.), purchase a Smart Gateway w/ PCI-104 Support as the base unit instead.
- Select the desired remote access and/or virtual HMI features. If the remote access connection will be other than wired Ethernet, an external modem/interface is required. See Modems/Wireless for options, or contact SoftPLC to discuss TagWell cloud-based solutions and approved third-party interfaces.
- The Gateway Size only applies if you are using ModbusTCP Master, A-B RIO or DH+ protocols. Select the Lite (LT) version if you are not using these protocols.
The Gateway Size determines the maximum number of ModbusTCP server connections and Allen-Bradley logical I/O racks supported (I and O addresses). (All Gateway Sizes support up to 254 ModbusTCP client connections when the Gateway acts as a ModbusTCP Slave, and unlimited data points for all protocols.) The table below summarizes the available sizes:
|Cat No Suffix||ModbusTCP Server Connections||Input (I) Addresses||Output (O) Addresses|
|LT||2||128 - 1 logical rack||128 - 1 logical rack|
|1K||16||1024 - 8 logical racks||1024 - 8 logical racks|
|2K||32||2048 - 16 logical racks||2048 - 16 logical racks|
|8K||127||8192 - 64 logical racks||8192 - 64 logical racks|