Controllers : Micro SoftPLC's
Micro SoftPLC's are a family of open architecture controller CPU's that can connect to a wide variety of I/O and communication networks. Physically small, but functionally huge, Micro SoftPLC PAC's (Programmable Automation Controllers) provide a low cost control platform for applications ranging from machine control to RTUs. Micro SoftPLC's are customized at the factory to application specific configurations and include hardware assembly, driver installation, system software configuration, and system level testing for the best out-of-the-box solution with an open architecture system.
Micro SoftPLC's are perfect for:
- Deterministic, high speed program execution
- “Unlimited” user logic and data table memory
- Ladder logic and data table addressing similar to Allen-Bradley PLC-5/SLC-500
- Fully documented applications, all documentation resides in the controller
- Supports user functions written in C++
- Compatible with all HMI/SCADA products
- Embedded firewall with VPN capability for advanced network security
- Industry standard protocols for communications and I/O (eg: ModbusTCP/UDP, A-B Ethernet, DF1, Modbus RTU/ASCII, and others)
- Embedded web server option
- Ethernet and USB communication ports, optional serial port(s)
- Low power requirement, industrial rated environmental specifications
- 512MB RAM
- 4GB on-board flash
- Removable SD Flash(up to 8GB available)
- Expansion connectors for add-on I/O boards, communication ports, or specialty interfaces
Micro SoftPLC models include the functions/features of all SoftPLC controllers, including:
- CPU - 1GHz ARM8
- Memory - 512MB RAM
- Storage - 4GB onboard flash, MicroSD up to 8GB optional
- USB 2.0 host
- Micro USB 2.0 client (for power & communications)
MicroUSB to USB cable included
- 10/100MB Ethernet port, RJ-45 connector
- Power by +5 VDC through barrel connector (eg: using ICO-PSW105) or USB device port
- Low power, less than 1W - ideal for solar powered applications
- Size - 3.4” x 2.1” (86.36 x 53.34 mm), With optional enclosure (Cat No SPBB-ENCL1) 2.4" x 0.82" x 3.54" (62 x 21 x 90 mm)
The SoftPLC-BB (Models No SPBB-x) is the bare-board CPU. Equip it with a SoftPLC runtime control software size (see table below), then add your desired hardware and firmware options (see next tab). Each system is assembled and configured with all of your selected options, then undergoes a system-level test prior to shipment.
Available Runtime Sizes
There are (4) SoftPLC firmware runtime sizes, where runtime size determines the maximum supported number of digital I/O points and ModbusTCP servers (analog I/O is limited only by hardware, not firmware). The table below summarizes these choices.
To order a SoftPLC-BB, append the Runtime License Size suffix in the first column of the table to the model number. For example, SPBB-1K is a SoftPLC-BB capable of up to 1024 DI/DO and/or 16 ModbusTCP Servers.
|Runtime License Sizes|
|Cat No Suffix||ModbusTCP Servers||Discrete Inputs||Discrete Outputs|
- Firmware Options - software enabled capabilities that can be added to any SoftPLC. There's so many, we've put them on their own page!
- Hardware Add-ons & Accessories - The options listed below are standard available products. For OEM or other applications requiring multiple units, we can develop new I/O interface boards very quickly from our base design. If you don't see what you need (eg: your requirement is for more/less points, or a different mix of signals), contact us to discuss details.
Options & Accessories
Available SoftPLC Model BB Options:
I/O and System Configurations
Micro SoftPLC CPU's can be used with a wide variety of I/O and other devices. Any Ethernet or USB remote I/O can be used providing a SoftPLC driver exists. With an added serial port interface, serial I/O is also an option, such as Modbus compatible products. Local I/O boards can be installed on the CPU for applications with special needs, low I/O counts, etc. Many drivers exist, or can be developed using the SoftPLC Programmer's Toolkit. Multiple I/O types can be used with a single controller.