Controllers : Hardbook SoftPLC's
Hardbook SoftPLC's are a family of open architecture controller CPU's that can connect to a wide variety of I/O and communication networks. The flexibility in number/type of communication ports, physical form factor, and other parameters allow Hardbooks to be used in virtually any application. Hardbook SoftPLC's are customized at the factory to application specific configurations and include hardware assembly, driver installation, system software configuration, and system level testing for the best out-of-the-box solution with an open architecture system.
- Deterministic, high speed program execution
- “Unlimited” user logic and data table memory
- Ladder logic and data table addressing similar to Allen-Bradley PLC-5/SLC-500
- Fully documented applications, all documentation resides in the controller
- Supports user functions written in C++
- Compatible with all HMI/SCADA products
- Multiple Ethernet, Serial and USB communication ports
- Heavy Duty Metal Enclosure with mounting brackets or DIN-mount bracket
- Fanless operation, industrial rated environmental specifications
- 2GB RAM minimum
- Removable Flash Disk, 8GB
- Expansion slot(s) for add-in cards such as I/O or industrial network interfaces (number/type varies by model)
Every Hardbook SoftPLC includes the functions and features of all SoftPLC controllers, including:
Although each Hardbook model has unique physical characteristics, they all have the following features in common:
There are a number of Hardbook SoftPLC models to meet the wide range of application requirements for this powerful level of controller. The most popular models are listed in the table below. If you don't feel any of these meet your needs, other options are available for other form factors (such as rack mount), more option slots, etc. Contact SoftPLC Corporation to discuss your preferences.
To each model, you can add hardware and firmware options (see next tab). Each Hardbook SoftPLC CPU is assembled and configured with all of your selected options, then undergoes a system-level test prior to shipment.
There are (4) SoftPLC firmware runtime sizes for each model of Hardbook, where runtime size determines the maximum supported number of digital I/O points (analog I/O is limited only by hardware, not firmware), ModbusTCP servers, or Ethernet/IP connection bytes. The table below summarizes these choices.
To order a Hardbook, append the Runtime License Size suffix in the first column of the table to the model number. For example, HB2-HPQA-1K is a model HB2-HPQA capable of up to 1024 DI/DO, 512 Ethernet/IP Connection Bytes and/or 16 ModbusTCP Servers.
|Cat No Suffix||ModbusTCP Servers||Ethernet/IP Bytes||Discrete Inputs||Discrete Outputs|
- Firmware Options - software enabled capabilities that can be added to any SoftPLC. There's so many, we've put them on their own page!
- PCI Interface Cards - add-in cards for industrial buses, additional communication ports, and more. Applicable to each Hardbook model with available PCI or PCIe slots. For models with multiple PCI slots, most cards can be installed in any combination. The most popular options are listed below, others are available. Contact SoftPLC if you need an interface not listed.
- Power Supplies & Power Protection - Power Supplies & related accessories
Options & Accessories
Available Hardbook SoftPLC options:
|Add'l Serial Ports||SPO-SER-P2M||2 port serial card RS-232/422/485, PCI Bus|
|SPO-SER-P8M||8 port serial card RS-232/422/485, PCI Bus w/ cables|
|SPO-PCIX-DNM||DeviceNet Master, PCI Bus|
|SPO-PCIX-DNS||DeviceNet Slave, PCI Bus|
|SPO-PCIX-PBM||Profibus Master, PCI Bus|
|SPO-PCIX-PBS||Profibus Slave, PCI Bus|
|SPO-PCIX-PNM||ProfiNet Master, PCI Bus|
|SPO-PCIX-PNS||ProfiNet Slave, PCI Bus|
|SPO-PCIX-EIM||EthernetEI Master, PCI Bus|
|SPO-PCIX-EIS||EthernetEI Slave, PCI Bus|
|SPO-PCIX-COM||CANopen Master, PCI Bus|
|SPO-PCIX-COS||CANopen Slave, PCI Bus|
|SPO-PCIX-ECM||EthernetCAT Master, PCI Bus|
|SPO-PCIX-ECS||EthernetCAT Slave, PCI Bus|
|SPO-PCIX-CCS||CCLink Slave, PCI Bus|
|SPO-PCIX-PLS||Powerlink Slave, PCI Bus|
|SPO-PCIX-SCM||SERCOS Master, PCI Bus|
|SPO-PCIX-SCS||SERCOS Slave, PCI Bus|
|SPO-PCIX-ASM||ASI Master, PCI Bus|
|A-B Bus Options||SPO-PKTX||Allen-Bradley RIO Master or DH+ Interface, 1 port, PCI Bus|
|ICO-PKTXD||Allen-Bradley RIO Master and/or DH+ Interface, 2 ports, PCI Bus|
|ICO-PSH1524||DIN-rail mount P/S, 24VDC output, 15 Watts, 85-264VAC input|
|ICO-PSH3024||DIN-rail mount P/S, 24VDC output, 36 Watts, 85-264VAC input|
|ICO-PS6024||DIN-rail mount P/S, 24VDC output, 60 Watts, 85-264VAC input|
|ICO-PS120x||DIN-rail mount P/S, 24VDC output, 120 Watts, 85-264VAC input|
|ICO-PSUPS40||DIN-rail mount UPS/battery controller, 24VDC output, up to 40A (requires 2 ICO-PSBP412 batteries)|
|ICO-PSBP412||VRLA Battery for ICO-PSUPS40, 12V 4AH, AGM|
I/O and System Configurations
SoftPLC Hardbooks are controller CPU's that can be used with a wide variety of I/O and other devices. Any Ethernet, serial, USB and/or industrial bus remote I/O can be used providing a driver exists and (in the case of bus I/O) the appropriate hardware interface is installed. I/O implemented with an interface card that can be installed in the Hardbook is supported as well, for applications with special needs, low I/O counts, etc. Drivers for the most popular networks and I/O brands exist. Additional drivers can be developed using the SoftPLC Programmer's Toolkit.
- Generic Hardbook Common features of all Hardbook SoftPLC controller CPUs. Specific hardware specifications can be found on each model's data sheet linked in the "Models" tab.