Now Available for all SoftPLC controllers version 4.6 and later is an enhanced Ethernet/IPTM driver. SoftPLC can act as an Ethernet/IP generic device (adapter), or as a scanner (master). A SoftPLC can also be used to simulate a Logix PLC for simulation/testing/training purposes. Features of the Ethernet/IP driver include:
- Five millisecond timing granularity
- I/O scanner: up to 128 total originating i/o connections to as many target slaves as needed.
- each i/o connection may have its own forward open timeout, RPI timeout multiplier, connection type, connection trigger type,
- each i/o connection half may have its RPI, size, target and originating assembly, and realtime format.
- Up to 2048 I/O connection bytes (determined by the size of the SoftPLC runtime license)
- Up to 20 target i/o connections in the form of exclusive owner
- Up to 3 input only i/o connections
- Up to 2 listen only i/o connections
- I/O connections may be unicast or multicast
- Explicit messaging server supporting:
- assembly class 0x04 instances
- symbol class 0x6b instances - This lets a SoftPLC runtime look like a Rockwell PLC/PAC to HMI's. A descriptor tag may be exported as a CIP symbol and it is tied to a unique assembly instance when exported.
- Up to 1000 words per assembly
For more information or instructions regarding firmware updates, contact SoftPLC.